Dear TMF friends,
2014 has been a great year, as we conclude the year we have some great accomplishments to note:
• TMF has grown networks with Plan International, AMREF, UNICEF, NETWAS and CEDAW Uganda. Through these networks we have managed to work with 55 primary schools on Reproductive Health and girls education
• We have joined international health advocacy platforms such as the Universal Health Coverage by UN and this year TMF amplified her teen pregnancy campaign reaching over 5000 young people and parents
• TMF joined the FENU network as a member and the Gender working group at Ministry of Education and Sports
• We hosted 2 talented interns who have helped us accomplish all of our activities this year.
Throughout the year we’ve updated you on our program successes, projects, conferences attended and plans. As we close the year, we want to share 2015 plans with to you;
• Our team will further the teen pregnancy campaign –Trailblazers Stay Teens campaign in the districts of Nebbi, Zombo, Pallisa, Kamuli and Kapchorwa. In each district we will target 5 schools and we will work with the district leadership and education officials
• The Menstrual Hygiene Management campaign will continue reaching more primary schools in our catchment districts and partner institutions. We encourage you to support this campaign, each school requires $750 to cover making of reusable sanitary towels for 100 girls, train 50 learners who will be peer educators, 10 school administrators and teachers who will be the school support system and 20 parents to support adolescents in the community
• Mentoring pre teens and teenagers will run all through the year at schools and TMF offices during holiday time.
• Hold capacity building workshops on Adolescent Reproductive Health and Rights, education, life skills, career guidance and garages
• ASRH&R advocacy activities will feature in 2015 in bid to increase awareness on and access to information and services
As we look forward to 2015, we also want to ask for your financial support for we cannot continue to expand our program development and expansion without this help. We highly appreciate TMF family, ambassadors and friends who have continued to donate and encourage you to do the same in the year to come as these donations provide an invaluable source of constant support. The expanded program implementation we are anticipating for 2015 will cost us an additional $25,000. As we enter 2015, we are counting on your financial participation to help us increase our budget in this important way.
We are working hard to prepare for a great 2015 and look forward to keeping you updated on our work.
With warm wishes for a joyful and happy new year